June 24, 2021 // Product
A Phone Number Information Lookup API allows you to look up details about a phone number with a simple request. You can specify a phone number and the type of information you are looking for, and the request will return the underlying data virtually instantly. Once a request is made, the information is parsed and queries the applicable databases, which are composed of a variety of credible sources. From there, this information is passed back to fulfill the request. This all happens in seconds, allowing you to get the information you need without spending any extra time or energy searching for it manually across a variety of datasources.
Information like the location of the phone number, which carrier it is on, the caller id name (CNAM), phone number type, and more are available, enabling companies to better understand their customers, verify their users, and cater to their unique needs.
Benefits of Using a Phone Number Information Lookup API
By bringing together disparate data in one place, this service can be highly advantageous for businesses across a variety of verticals. Not only does it arm them with more data on their users, customers and/or prospects, it can also provide a variety of other benefits, including:
- Increased deliverability // By gathering the carrier, line type, and location of a phone number, you can better understand the best method to deliver your messages.
- Reduced fraud // Identifying and verifying the data of your signups will allow you to more easily flag and remove fraudulent accounts.
- Enhanced communication experiences // Provide personalized details to your customers based on their location or by using their name.
- Better informed data analytics // Enable quick insights with real-time data. Using a 3rd-party integration, feed the information into one or many analytics tools to draw conclusions on your customer or prospect base without extra manual work.
Capabilities & Use Cases
Contact center workflow
- Contact centers can better understand their customers so that they can provide more proactive support.
- By looking up the location of the caller, they can automatically route them to the right department for this and all future inquiries.
- Understanding the carrier and line type will help shape communication styles and channels. Using a 3rd-party integration, all of this data can automatically be stored in your CRM of choice, allowing for better documentation and richer customer profiles to reference in the future.
Location-specific information delivery
- Deliver communications or alerts to your customer base depending on where they are located.
- This can be especially useful for weather alerts, school closures, or location-specific promotions.
Seamless user signups
- Automatically suggest the most relevant options based on the location of the user who is signing up for your service.
- Enable specific communication options based on their line type, and include their name or company name in customized communications by gathering their cnam information.
- Help enable your company's KYC (know your customer) compliance policy on new accounts by simply using the phone number they entered in your form to see if they are who they say they are.
Example Request // Lookup Phone Number Information
curl -X GET \
-H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
-H 'content-type: application/json' \
-H 'x-api-key: YOUR_API_KEY' \
These are just a few of the many ways that a phone number information lookup service can be used. The ability to quickly and easily gather information on any phone number is something that most organizations can benefit from, regardless of their size or industry.
See our getting started guide to learn more about implementing this service.
Why Build With Voxology?
Market leaders across a variety of verticals choose Voxology as their telecommunications backbone. We provide the support, documentation, and getting started guides to replace your existing telecom infrastructure, allowing you to elevate and maximize your communications.
Leveraging our next gen communications services and personalized support, you can build new features to gather data and take your communications to the next level using the tools below:
- Ekata Reverse Phone Number Lookups // Ekata Reverse Phone Lookup enables you to “get an owner’s current name, address, demographics, phone details, associated people, and relatives.”
- Local Phone Number Coverage // Search and provision phone numbers from our massive inventory of local numbers based on prefix (NPA-NXX), city/region, LATA, Rate Center, or postal code.
- CRM Integration // Enable and log more customer communication.
- Call Control // Provide seemingly endless optionality on your customer call flows via the Voice API.
- Automated Message Delivery // Use our SMS API to send alerts, reminders, and notifications.
- Media Stream // Analyze the audio of phone calls and provide real-time insights using your own AI algorithms.
- SMS/MMS // Enable text messaging on your toll-free and local phone numbers.
- Conferencing // Connect two or more people in a single conference.
- Call Recording // Provide optional call recordings based on customer preference.
The more information you are able to easily gather about your customers or prospects, the better equipped your business will be. Voxology enables you to easily get the information you need while seamlessly integrating with your existing tools.